It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Chapter 7, Page 17, Book 16



Getting to a place of comfort can be uncomfortable.     

Marcus Samuelsson

July 17th - finding comfort in uncomfortable times

Everybody has a Comfort Zone.  There is a certain temperature at which we feel the most comfortable.  There is a way of life in which we feel at ease.  There is a crowd of people with whom we feel most comfortable.  When we are around the wrong crowd; in the wrong situation; in the wrong place; and doing the wrong things, we can feel very uncomfortable and out of place

When I’m uncomfortable I’ve found that by slipping into a favorite garment, sipping a perfectly chilled beverage on a hot day, or visiting with a love one is often where I find comfort.  There is a lot of comfort to be found in the ordinary things in life.

There are also a lot of uncertainties in our life and finding comfort in these uncertain times isn’t quite so easy. There are things happening all around us that are just too close for comfort.  It'’s then that there is no comfort in being comfortable. Comfort comes from the strength earned from growing through discomfort. Comfort comes by gaining strength from adversity. Comfort is self confidence. Comfort comes from knowing that you have the WILL to do whatever it takes.


Remember:

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

Robert H. Schuller


5 comments:

Mevely317 said...

I so 'get' this, Ma. Every word!
At my age, there's little that beats the feel of coming home at days end, shedding my shoes and slipping into my 'glad rags.'

betty said...

I am trying to get out of my comfort zone with some things, opening up to others I normally wouldn't have in days gone by, otherwise I am pretty comfortable just hanging out not doing much sometimes.

Betty

Carol Z said...

I've added the gym and a number of different activities there to my comfort zone. There are still a few things that I'd like to try that make me anxious. It may take me awhile, but an advanced yoga class is on my list. I may look "silly" but the only one who cares is me.

jack69 said...

WE all like our confort zone. And yes it is true, there are times we get too comfortable.
But I do agree with Myra and BEtty, there is a comfor area I am not ready to even think of giving up yet (but maybe I should,..........................later) LOL Good thoughts.
I like Schuler's quote!

TARYTERRE said...

No truer words I have heard today. "Getting to a place of comfort can be uncomfortable."