It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Chapter 6, Page 30, Book 16



The Bible reminds us not to worry about anything; instead pray about everything; tell God your needs and don’t forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this you’ll experience God’s peace.

An unprayed for problem is an embedded thorn. It festers and infects—first the finger, then the hand, then the entire arm. Best to go straight to the person who has the tweezers. Let Jesus take care of you. He knows about thorns!

Excerpt from a devotional by Max Lucado


June 30th - the dynamic duo of Prayer and Praise.

Less prayer, less power; more prayer, more power; much prayer, much power. Pray every day

Prayer focuses on the problem, by it’s very nature prayer is recognizing a need.

Praise focuses on the power of God to meet that need.

Praise is more than a thankful Heart, or an attitude of thankfulness.

Prayer enables grace to open a way out from closure to openness, from fear to courage, from sadness to joy. 


Strong Woman vs. a Woman of Strength

A strong woman works out every day to keep her body in shape...
but a woman of strength kneels in prayer to keep her soul in shape...

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything...
but a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear...

A strong woman won't let anyone get the best of her...
but a woman of strength gives the best of her to everyone...

A strong woman walks sure footedly...
but a woman of strength knows God will catch her if she falls...

A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face...
but a woman of strength wears grace...

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey...
but a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will become strong...

I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

William Allen White


4 comments:

jack69 said...

I wish I could train my mind to come here before 'WAITING' for an alert. I am proud when I think of strength in women. I have been blessed beyond measure with women of note in my life, A mama who could endure a Hurricane and smile and a wife who could live with me with all my faults and still be here after nearly 60 years.

Love the entry.

betty said...

I liked that strong woman versus a woman of strength. That is one definitely worth saving and thinking about. I so agree to live a life of praise and prayer and Max Lucado's comment about unprayed for problem is an embedded thorn. I think sometimes we let the problem get to us when we should just remember to pray first about it and then thank God that he is answering the prayer in his perfect way and perfect timing.

betty

Barbara said...

Lots of inspirational comments as usual Ma. Lots of prayer going on in my country right now.

TARYTERRE said...

Power to the women. Love this premise, "A strong woman isn't afraid of anything...
but a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear..."