It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Chapter 6, Page 19, Book 16

My children with their Dad when they were all very young and still all at home


Mender of toys, leader of boys
Changer of fuses, kisser of bruises,
Bless him, dear Lord.
Mover of couches, soother of ouches,
Pounder of nails, teller of tales,
Reward him, O Lord.
Hanger of screens, counselor of teens,
Fixer of bikes, chastiser of tykes,
Help him, O Lord.
Raker of leaves, cleaner of eaves,
Dryer of dishes, fulfiller of wishes ...
Bless him, O Lord.

Jo Ann Heidbreder


June 19 - Happy Fathers Day

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.

Henry Ward Beecher

I think my children had the best father ever and I think they would all agree.  Thankfully my sons are very good fathers and I think that is because their dad taught them well.

We all owe our lives to our Dads.  We would’t be here at all without them.  Whether we had a good one or a bad one today we say Thank You Dad.  

The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God; I call him Dad!
Author Unknown

4 comments:

betty said...

Such a sweet picture of your famiky from years ago. A wonderful legacy your husband left behind!

Betty

Mevely317 said...

Good (or not), I hope dad's realize what an example they're setting for their children!
Mine has been gone since '81, but I still catch myself every now and then copying something he did or said.

jack69 said...

I have never read the poem before, neat.
It has been a good day. I like hearing of your life, I know the boys (The family) miss DAD!

TARYTERRE said...

A wonderful family picture and such sweet words about Dads.