It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Chapter 6, Page 15, Book 16



Motivation gets you going and habit get you there. Make motivation a habit and you will get thee more quickly and have more fun on the trip.

Zig Ziglar 

June 15th - keep it up

I’ve learned that we need to positively recharge our mindset on a regular basis in order to keep motivated.  There have been too many days in my life that when push comes to shove, my motivation has dwindled and needs to be recharged. Somehow we get off track and find it hard to get back on track.  We get discouraged and stressed know that there is much to do and little will to do it.

We need to remember that the most powerful weapon against stress and discouragement is our ability to choose one thought over another.   Motivation determines what you actually do every day.  And attitude determines how well you ultimately do it.  The truth is that you will get what you expect. Expect something great to happen for you every day and it will.

An infectious, positive attitude can shift your entire life.

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Jim Ryun

5 comments:

jack69 said...

Zig Zigler! When I first started into business I listened to his motivational tapes. I was always an up person, but it does good to HEAR someone who makes logical sense. I sense thru your writing you ARE a self starter but have listened to yourself and others in your life time. (I decided to come over before the alert made it. I want to try to remember to do this I cannot figure Blogger out lately.)

We have some very warm weather down this way.

betty said...

It is hard sometimes to get motivated on a task I might not want to do, but once into it, then I'm glad I got started with it and then am very happy when I complete it. Keeping good thoughts in our head about motivation and getting things done is half the battle I think :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Getting motivated can be wearisome. But you have the right idea. "An infectious, positive attitude can shift your entire life. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."

shortybear said...

great post

Carol Z said...

That last thought is so true. Motivation started me blogging, but the habit of posting -- and the warmth of blog friends -- keeps me posting. So glad for steady habits.