It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 13, 2016

Chapter 6, Page 13, Book 16


This Moment


I may never see tomorrow. There's no written guarantee, and things that happened are history. I cannot predict the future. I cannot change the past. I have just the present moment. I must treat it as my last.

I must use this moment wisely for it soon will pass away, and be lost forever as part of yesterday. I must exercise compassion, help the fallen to their feet. Be a friend unto the friendless, make an empty life complete.

The unkind things I do today may never be undone, and friendships that I fail to win may nevermore be won. I may not have another chance on bended knees to pray, and I thank God with a humble heart for giving me this day.


Author Unknown

June 13th - a chance to get it right


Sometimes life gives you a second chance, or even two! Not always, but sometimes. It's what you do with those second chances that counts.      

Dave Wilson

 It’s  great to know that when you wake up each morning you start your day with a fresh new chance to make of it whatever you will.  Life seems to be full of second chances, but which ones are worth the risk of the chance and which ones demand we change. 

Every moment gives you a new beginning and a new ending.  You get a second chance, every second.  You just have to take it and make the best of it.

Awake every morning and do your best.  Don’t stress over things you can’t change.  Live simply.  Love generously.  Speak truthfully.  Work diligently.  And even if you fall short, keep going.  Keep growing.

Ours is the challenge to discover the new within every day and then lift it above the old.  Don’t ever let the woes of yesterday drag you down.  Every new day, every new moment gives us another chance, a new beginning that does not involve any elements of your past.

We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance. 

Harrison Ford


5 comments:

betty said...

I am so glad we do get those tomorrows. Of course like you said, we are not guaranteed them, but it is always nice to open the eyes to a new day with all the potential ahead for it to be a great one!

betty

shortybear said...

enjoyed this

Rick Watson said...

I've been blessed throughout my life.
R

TARYTERRE said...

The poem, This Moment brought tears to my eyes. Words that mean so much. "I may never see tomorrow. There's no written guarantee, and things that happened are history. I cannot predict the future. I cannot change the past. I have just the present moment. I must treat it as my last." We can not ever take things for granted.

jack69 said...

I really want to live as this post describes. But I find the fight too hard at times, but I do try to get the most out of the moment.
Good entry, a thinker!