It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 30, 2016

Chapter 5, Page 30, Book 16



What is there to do when people die -- people so dear and rare -- but bring them back by remembering.

May Sarton.

May 30th - Remember

I do believe that those we love never really leave us as they are in close by in our hearts where we keep them.


Memorial Day is a time of Remembrance

We honor servicemen and women who have died in war in the U.S. and every country where Americans are buried. We celebrate these people who made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom, what Abraham Lincoln called that 'last full measure of devotion’.  It's day to celebrate sacrifice, honor and courage.
 
The life of the dead lives on in the memory of the living.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

We fondly remember all those we have loved and lost but will never forget.


With thanks, with memories, and in the hope that peace will soon prevail, on this Memorial Day, please join me in a prayer for peace.

Lord, make me a channel of thy peace.
That where there is hatred I may bring love,
That where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness,
That where there is discord, I may bring harmony,
That where there is error I may bring truth,
That where there is doubt I may bring faith,
That where there is despair I may bring hope,
That where there are shadows I may bring light,
That where there is sadness I may bring joy.
Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted,
To understand than to be understood,
To love than to be loved.
For it is by forgetting self that one finds.
It is by forgiving that one is forgiven,
it is by dying that one awakens to eternal life.
Amen

5 comments:

betty said...

So true to keep remembering those who have gone before us and to be grateful for those who sacrificed their lives for our freedom.

Betty

jack69 said...

Sweet tribute, very true!

shortybear said...

God bless America

TARYTERRE said...

A lovely tribute.

Rick Watson said...

Bring them back remembering. Love that.
R