It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 23, 2016

Chapter 5, Page 23, Book 16


All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. 

Havelock Ellis

May 23rd - Let Go

We must learn to let go as easily as we grasp
or we will find our hands full and our minds empty.

Leo Buscaglia

With graduation time upon us, it made me think about my own children and how hard it was to let them go.  


When watching a child get on the school bus, begin a new career, or start his or her own family is an exercise in letting go for the parent. We are proud of each step in their growth toward independence, yet we may find it difficult to give up control.

Whether a child, parent, spouse, or friend, they each have their own path to follow, and we need to take a breath and let go of the need to be in control. Through letting go and letting God, we allow our  loved ones to reach their highest potential.

Letting go doesn't mean that you don't care about someone anymore.
It's just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.

Deborah Reber


4 comments:

betty said...

It is hard to let them go, even though that is our job to; and of course they are always in our hearts. I remember each garage sale I would have and would sell things they outgrown or no longer played with, I knew I was letting go of that period of their lives and it was with sadness, but knowing of course we couldn't keep everything.

betty

jack69 said...

Such a sweet and heartfelt entry. Good timing also, there are times I forget what day it is and also what time of the year it is. But your reminder tells me, REMEMBER it is graduation time. None of our family qualify this year or my girl would have reminded me.

Good one MA!

(PS: I honestly try to let them go, but I do keep a small string attached. LOL)

jack69 said...

PS: The string is attached to my heart............... and tugs some!

TARYTERRE said...

Truer words never spoken. "Letting go doesn't mean that you don't care about someone anymore.
It's just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself."