It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Chapter 5, Page 21, Book 16



I asked for wisdom...
And God gave me problems to solve.
I asked for prosperity...
And God gave me brains and the strength to work.
I asked for courage...
And God gave me danger to overcome.
I asked for love...
And God gave me troubled people to help.
I asked for favors...
And God gave me opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted.
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered. 

Anonymous

May 21st - wealth and prosperity


The secret of happiness and prosperity in this world, as in the world to come, lies in thinking of the welfare of others first, and not taking one's self too seriously. 

J. Kindleberger

Prosperity usually means the type of success that comes from having a lot of money. Our modern English word derives from Middle English prosperite, borrowed through Old French from Latin prosperous ‘favorable’.  The Latin word also means fortunate, and the word prosperity does have an element of good luck.

Prosperity also means to advance in life and to become successful. We need to remember that whether you are rich or poor, if you get happiness out of life you are a real success.  Living a prosperous life is about much more than just having enough money. It's a state of mind. You may have a lot of money and all the material goods that life has to offer, and still not be happy. There are people who are extremely wealthy, and yet they feel impoverished.  They have a lot of things, but they're lacking in other areas, and the money and stuff are never enough for them to feel fulfilled.

True prosperity is about appreciating what you have and feeling rich in any number of areas of your life. 

Sending you all the very best of wishes for many many happy returns of the day. May God bless you with health, wealth and prosperity in your life.


Prosperity is not just having things. It is the consciousness that attracts the things. Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just having money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things. 

Eric Butterworth

5 comments:

betty said...

This was a great read about prosperity, put the word into a whole different light for me. I do want to prosper as yo u described it here,

Betty

TARYTERRE said...

I like this concept. A new way to look at the word. "True prosperity is about appreciating what you have and feeling rich in any number of areas of your life."

Mevely317 said...

That first quote/prayer is certainly thought provoking. It really hit home for me.

jack69 said...

There are no more prosperous folk than those who are happy with their SPOT in life.
I also like anon's poem. I is one that gives rise to THINKING.
Love it!

Rick Watson said...

This one is right down the pipe.
R