It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Chapter 5, Page 14, Book 16


An Irish Blessing

May your joys be as bright as the morning,
and your sorrows merely be shadows
that fade in the sunlight of love.
May you have enough happiness to keep you sweet,
Enough trials to keep you strong,
Enough sorrow to keep you human,
Enough hope to keep you happy,
Enough failure to keep you humble,
Enough success to keep you eager,
Enough friends to give you comfort,
Enough courage and faith in yourself to banish sadness,
Enough wealth to meet your needs,
And one more thing:
Enough determination to make each day
a more wonderful day than the one before


May 14th - May we all have just enough of what we need today!



I believe the recipe for happiness to be just enough money to pay the monthly bills you acquire, a little surplus to give you confidence, a little too much work each day, enthusiasm for your work, a substantial share of good health, a couple of real friends and a wife and children to share life’s beauty with you.

J. Kenfield Morley

I think that deep inside of us, we all know when enough is enough. We have enough time, money, food, and yet we still want more.  I remind myself that I don't have to have it all figured out today, but that I will have exactly what I need.


For today, I have enough emotional support to get through anything. I have enough material things, food, shelter, and the like. I have enough wisdom to make good decisions, or to ask for help if I need it.  I have enough time to go slowly and savor the moments of my life. I have enough love. I have enough.

Remember: Sometimes having just enough is truly all we really need.

4 comments:

betty said...

I think with age we do get that wisdom about having enough, especially if we are content and grateful for what we have.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

I like that! I'm going to practice saying, "For today, I have enough."
... and be grateful for it.

jack69 said...

Thank God, we have always had 'enough'.
Great thoughts tonight, makes me think and that is good!

TARYTERRE said...

These words from the Irish Blessing touched me today, " may your sorrows merely be shadows
that fade in the sunlight of love."