It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Chapter 4, Page 9, Book 16



Truth is eternal. Our knowledge of it is changeable. It is disastrous when you confuse the two.

Madeleine L’Engle


April 9th - the truth matters


There is nothing so powerful as truth, and often nothing so strange.

Daniel Webster

 In life I believe that honesty is the best policy and the truth will set you free always.  I cannot always tell when someone is telling the truth or not, but I know when I’m telling the truth.  There have been times when I’ve caught myself avoiding the truth, but I always feel better knowing the truth.


Half a truth is often a great lie.

 Benjamin Franklin 

The truth and nothing but the whole truth… Telling the truth is never easy but, truth as incredible power in itself and is a necessary component for a fulfilling life. It is not only beneficial for the person who is telling the truth, but also for the person who is told the truth.

Being true with who you are, allows you to maintain a high level of integrity and brings you peace of mind. You know that you are living a life that is in line with your deeper values. Your life is guided by your values, and thus, your decisions are based on truth. 

People lie because of fear of loss or pain. They are afraid if they always tell the truth, things might go badly for them.  But lies can take you only so far. Truth always prevails in the end. So a lie that was done in an attempt to help you, will always end up eventually hurting you instead.


If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Mark Twain

When we really care about our friends or family, we must be ready to tell them what they don’t want to hear.

Acquaintances tell you what you want to hear, but real friends will tell you what you don’t want to hear. Lack of truth will lead to the decay of any relationship.
Remember that truth might often be painful to hear, and learn to deliver it in a way that won’t lead other people to get defensive. Truth that comes from a place of love and consideration will be appreciated.

Every day, we have the choice to tell the truth, or not. We can be honest with ourselves about who we are and the challenges we face, or we can lie about it.

Honesty is the path to peace, freedom, contentment, and every good thing in life.


The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple

 Oscar Wilde 


7 comments:

shortybear said...

great post.

betty said...

So important to tell the truth indeed. I like the Mark Twain quote. It is easier if you do tell the truth, you don't then have to remember what you might have said to someone about something. I think we can be careful in what we say not to hurt someone's feelings, but it is always good to be truthful in the words we use.

betty

Barbara said...

Of course truth is not the truth if it is not the whole truth. I'm sure we are all guilty of it when not wanting to hurt someone's feelings.

jack69 said...

We have driven under that sign "Truth" exit or one like it, in New Mexico. Yes I have skirted the truth before and it is not as good a feeling as being able to 'Tell the Truth'.
Good entry lady., I also agree with Barb above. (smile)

TARYTERRE said...

Sometimes you avoid the truth so as not to HURT someone you love. But as long as you KNOW the real story you keep your integrity intact.

Mevely317 said...

Every sentence here packs a punch!

Many years ago I had difficulty telling the truth; and in fact, believed myself to be quite adept. Still, I couldn't ignore the hollow feeling ... like a nasty aftertaste.

Just last week my best friend gave me her opinion about something weighing on my mind. No, it wasn't what I wanted to hear, but I had to say, "That's why I love you, because you're always honest with me."

Rick Watson said...

Sometimes when I fear the truth will be hurtful to the receiver, I hold back and say what is true. But That might not be the best course.