It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Chapter 4, Page 3, Book 16



He enjoys much who is thankful for little. 

Thomas Secker

April 3rd - thankful

If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get.

Frank A. Clark

Ive found that it’s when I feel and express gratitude, that I unlock a door that allows God’s good to enter my life. Every time that I think thankful thoughts, speak words of gratefulness, and act in ways that show gratitude, I become more and more aware of blessings already present in my life.



Be thankful. Cultivate an attitude of gratitude. Thankfulness is much more dependent on attitude than circumstance. When you feel the lack of what you don't have, thank God for what you do have! At any time, there is more going right in the life of a committed Christian than there is going wrong. It's just that the wrong makes a lot more noise than the right. 

Jim Stephens

Every day I check in with myself and my thoughts. I pause and ask myself, What am I thankful for.  If I notice a thought that seems negative or out of alignment with anything good in my life, I change my focus. I put my attention back on blessings received and those to come and feel the return of gratitude.

April Snow

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.

Oprah Winfrey


No matter what is happening in my life, I can find something for which to give thanks. Thankfulness creates a new attitude in me.

For a few years now I have been making a list of the blessings I find in each day. I try to add 3 a day and  here’s what I’m thankful for today:

3736. for parties, that celebrate life to the fullest
3737. for another new day, another chance to get it right
3738. for Spring, my favorite season



 For today and its blessings, I owe the world an attitude of gratitude.

Clarence E. Hodges


4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Being thankful for what you have is sound advice to be sure. Love all the quotes today. Hope you enjoyed your weekend. i am still sick.

jack69 said...

The quotes today are VERY GOOD, I especially like Frank and Opra's.

If you are not thankful for what you have, you won't be thankful for what you get. Now that mam, is a very true statement. I like being happy with what we have.

AND TODAY we have SUNSHINE!

Mevely317 said...

Jim Stephens' statement, "It's just that the wrong makes a lot more noise than the right." is soooo true. Most weekdays my attention is centered on the disgruntled few (bulls in a china shop), so that I fail to appreciate the silent majority who are enjoying a delightful time.


betty said...

I like that you daily check your attitude and then adjust it accordingly:)

betty