It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Chapter 4, Page 27, Book 16


 I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best both for the body and the mind.

Albert Einstein

April 26 - simplicity


It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.

Laura Ingalls Wilder

The picture today is of a sign that hangs on my back door and it welcomes any visitors that might stop by.  I found it at a flea market several years ago and you may remember it as I did post a picture at that time.    I do live simply and you won’t find anything grand or luxurious here at my house.  I’ve found that living simply is one of life’s greatest gifts. 

 Life is filled with simple pleasures, the little satisfying effects you never really anticipate, but always take great pleasure in.  We sometimes forget that the real joy in life is in the simple things, such as being with your loved ones, your family, and friends or just taking a walk in the park.  A clear blue sky and sunny morning will brighten my outlook for the day.  Believe it or not, the simple things in life can give you more joy than you can get from material things.

These little things may not mean much in the scheme of life, but they matter to me, they keep me going through the tough stuff.   The fact is, we really do already have everything we need to be happy and we don’t need anything else.

 Have a Great Day….. and remember to smile your day will be brighter!



 Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough.

Anonymous


5 comments:

jack69 said...

i HAVE ALWAYS tried to remember the simple rule in teaching: KISS "Keep it simple stupid'! The stupid is personal to me since I take it seriously.
Good entry again,

betty said...

I do like your plaque, Ma. Living simple is so less complicated I think. More enjoyable too!

betty

shortybear said...

nice post

Debbie said...

One of my very favorite things is laying in bed early in the morning, and watching as the sun reflects off the water, and dances across my bedroom ceiling.
Wonderful post!!!
Debbie
xo

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE, love your charming sign. A daily reminder. "A clear blue sky and sunny morning will brighten my outlook for the day."