It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Chapter 4, Page 26, Book 16



Be an encourager. The world has plenty of critics already. 

 Dave Willis.

April 26th- Be an encourager


Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.

William Arthur Ward

There is something that we all can do which will change people’s lives.  It is very simple.  It won’t cost you a penny.  It will make you feel better.  In fact, it will change your life as well as others.  Be an encourager.


You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.

Jim Stovall 

Our lives, and those of others, mostly walk a tight line, juggling and balancing time, energy, and money. Often when the slightest thing goes wrong people lose their balance. They need encouragement. 

 To be loved, supported, and encouraged by an encourager is to have your heart refreshed and your attitude lifted


 Encouragers are persons that receive great fulfillment from enlarging the lives of others. 

Joseph Jason Cotton 

Truth be told,  I’m not nearly the encourager that I wish I was, or that I strive to be...but by the end of my life, I hope it can be said that I was an encourager
 Encourage someone else...you never know when you'll need it.

Remember: Not all friends are encouragers but all encouragers are friends



I am going your way, so let us go hand in hand. You help me and I'll help you. We shall not be here very long ... so let us help one another while we may.

William Morris

4 comments:

shortybear said...

amen, very wise words

jack69 said...

The tightrope you make is so very true. The Encourager, yep, that would be you in a nut shell.

We have a beautiful spring day here, hope you do!

betty said...

I think you are a good encourager, Ma. You do a lot of encouraging in the words you share here. I was a better one in my younger days; I got out of the habit of sending cards to people to encourage them, etc. Good reminder to get back into encouraging indeed :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Your words here on this blog are indeed encouraging. Which is why you hold a special place in our hearts in Blogland. "Encourage me, and I will not forget you."