It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, April 18, 2016

Chapter 4, Page 18, Book 16


Thought For The Week

Monday, April 18th

The following reflection is a different take on Psalm 23 and puts the emphasis very much on the need to slow down and not to be rushing without reason or purpose.

The Lord Is My Pace Setter

Author Unknown

The Lord is my Pace Setter, I shall not rush. He makes me stop and rest for quiet intervals. He provides me with images of stillness which restore my serenity. He leads me in ways of efficiency through calmness of mind and his guidance is peace. Even though I have a great many things to accomplish each day I will not fret. For his presence is there. His timelessness, his all importance will keep me in balance. He prepares refreshment and renewal in the midst of my activity, by anointing my mind with his oils of tranquility. My cup of joyous energy flows. Surely harmony and effectiveness shall be the fruits of my hours, for I shall walk in the pace of my Lord and dwell in his house forever.

April 18th - no stress 


We will always have time enough, if we will but use it aright.

Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

There are many inequities in the world, but one thing we all have in common is the same amount of time each day. God has allotted twenty four hours to each one of us.

It is not uncommon to hear comments like, There just isn’t enough time in a day to do everything I need to do.  I just don’t know where the time goes.  Or I’ll try to find time, but I’m hard pressed for time at the present.  In our day when many people meet themselves coming and going, most people feel pushed for time. The feeling is that there simply aren’t enough hours in a day. Life with all its demands is far too busy.

It is not busier lives that we need. What is needed is a better use of the time we have.  We should not waste the time God has given us,  but must remember too that play, leisure, rest, and simply smelling the roses is a means of making us more effective

The amount of time we spend at something is often not as important as the quality of the time spent. Not only must we consider where our time goes, but how we spend it and why.

No matter what we do or where we are, our days are full and sometimes get hectic, but if we keep the right attitude, every day will be a good day.


Time is...
Too Slow for those who Wait,
Too Swift for those who Fear
Too Long for those who Grieve,
Too Short for those who Rejoice,
But for those who Love
Time is not.

Henry van Dyke

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

People do indeed get wrapped up in the busy nature of time and do not appreciate how important it is to stop and smell the roses. " Should make better use of the time we have. We should not waste the time, but must remember too that play, leisure, rest is a means of making us more effective, too."

betty said...

I liked that different take on Psalm 23. We do need to take a breather sometimes from the stress of the world and all that we think we need to accomplish in a given day. Sometimes I think we put unreasonable expectations on ourselves, thinking we have to do this or do that, when it doesn't all have to get done in any given day or even sometimes at all.

betty

jack69 said...

Good twist on the 23rd!
It is hard for some folk to understand, we all have the same amount of time, 24 hours in a day. Using it properly does lessen the stress and the 23rd Psalm is sorta like the statement we are all familiar with: Take time to smell the roses.
Sweet!

Rick Watson said...

I love the song "Don't Worry, Be Happy."

R

shortybear said...

enjoyed this