It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Chapter 4, Page 16, Book 16


Goodness Knows

Goodness knows that sometimes the greatest thing
in the world is a smile from a child,
So Goodness laughs a lot.

Goodness knows that it's easier to break a child than to mend one,
So Goodness handles with care.

Goodness knows that everyone deserves a second chance,
And sometimes a third and fourth chance, too.

Goodness knows that we all need friends in this world,
So Goodness is determined to be friendly.

Goodness knows that only people count,
So Goodness never counts out people.

Goodness knows that life is sometimes lonely,
But we are never alone.

And when the sorrows of life are left unexplained,
it's still not too much to bear,
For we can trust that Goodness knows.

Author Unknown


April 16th - The good things in life are free


 Goodness consists not in the outward things we do, but in the inward things we are. To be good is the great thing

Edwin Hubbell Chapin

They say that whatever you focus on is what you get, so why not focus on the good.  Good people, good food, good places to be, good acts, good news and good words.

When I think about a good life, I try to remember always that the best things in life are free.  

That a happy, fulfilling life is a life shared with family and friends.  

 What goes around comes around.

Think More, Talk Less. The more you think and the less you talk, the more you will learn and the less you will miss.

 Every negative outcome holds a positive lesson.  Finding it is the key to greatness



 Goodness is a process of becoming, not of being. What we do over and over again is what we become in the end.

Joan Chittister

Living a good life is the personal fulfillment and joy that comes from being good and doing good.  No matter what circumstances you’re currently going through, you can choose to respond with gratitude and joy. Refuse to allow any circumstances, no matter how difficult, to rob you of the joy of living.  Life is a gift and we need to enjoy it and appreciate what we are given.

LIVE THE GOOD LIFE.

This is what God has for each one of us today.

I cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good I can do.

Jana Stanfield 

6 comments:

betty said...

I liked that Goodness Knows. It is true too that things negative can be turned around to positive, always a lesson to be learned there to avoid things in the future.

betty

Mevely317 said...

It took me several readings, but I really like that Goodness Knows! Why, how many times I heard my mother and her friends begin a sentence, "Goodness knows ...."!

TARYTERRE said...

That poem Goodness Knows was wonderful. I agree with everything you said. my favorite quote, "Life is a gift and we need to appreciate what we are given."

jack69 said...

You have me smiling. I have never read 'Goodness' treated so uniquely. Neat approach. Goodness knows, I needed it. (smile)

Love sent from down in NORTH Carolina.

Carol Z said...

I especially liked your last quote. I often think of this verse from Galatians, "Let us not grow weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." I think I lose heart and forget my goals. I need to keep on keeping on. Have a great weekend!

shortybear said...

nice writing