It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, April 01, 2016

Chapter 4, Page 1, Book 16


Life is kind of like a party. You invite a lot of people, some leave early, some stay all night, some laugh with you, some laugh at you, and some show up really late. But in the end, after the fun, there are a few who stay to help you clean up the mess. And most of the time, they aren’t even the ones who made the mess. These people are your true friends in life. They are the only ones who matter.

Author Unknown

April 1st - join the party !


I've chosen to treat my life more like a party than something to stress about. 

Martin Short

Stress is a dangerous thing.  It’s something we should all try to avoid if possible.  I have to say I learned the lesson in one of the hardest ways.  When my youngest son was stricken with cancer at a young age, the first thing I read about his type of cancer was that it is often caused by too much stress.  Believe it or not it’s the truth.  Thankfully he’s been cancer free now for around 15 years and I’m very thankful for that. 

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.

Proverb

The connection between mind and body are often underestimated, but everyone’s experienced a cold when they can least afford to. That’s because stress is so demanding on the body that the immune system suffers, making you more vulnerable to colds and infection.

The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another. 

William James

Stress, just like attitude, is a choice we make.  Many of us hurry through life going from one place to the next, focused on conquering the next mountain, making the next deal, running the next errand, and believing we will never have enough time to do all the things we need to get done. Yet, there is all the time in the world if we just realize we are the creators of this life we choose to live. 

The picture is of me in my party hat. I know that if you’ve read my blog, you’ve seen it before.   It was given to me a few years ago now and I keep it hanging up here at my house to remind me that Life is a Party !

Remember:

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

Oprah Winfrey


3 comments:

betty said...

I love seeing your picture of the hat, Ma! It is so true, life should be more of a party and less stressful. Realizing sometimes we have no control over a situation is a big stress reliever if we allow ourselves to be relieved rather than try to get too much worked up about it.

betty

jack69 said...

And here we all thought you were all serious, not a party animal! Yep, as usual you spread a lot of 'smarts' and common sense. Speaking of the cancer. We all face that stress-maker of some kind, but I can imagine that being worse than anything I have faced. The report is wonderful, however.
You have hit it, mind over stress. Knowledge of that is very important.

Good one MA!

TARYTERRE said...

I love your party hat. You look sweet in it. Hope you had a wonderful Easter celebration this weekend. Like the following quote, "Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance."