It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Chapter 3, Page 3, Book 16


Lord, teach me your way; because of my opponents, lead me on a good path. Don’t give me over to the desires of my enemies, because false witnesses and violent accusers have taken their stand against me. But I have sure faith that I will experience the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living!

Hope in the Lord! Be strong! Let your heart take courage! Hope in the Lord!

Psalm 27:11-14


March 3rd - the good path


If all difficulties were known at the outset of a long journey, most of us would never start out at all.  

Dan Rather

This path on our Lenten journey is the Way that leads to life eternal. It is never an easy one.  Our path often gets choked with the brambles of the cares and obligations that we take on. 

Choosing the good path means doing things every day that may seem ordinary:  obeying, loving, walking, and keeping.  Yet these ordinary practices lead to living, growing, and even occupying a place of blessing and security.  With practice and encouragement, good choices also tend to become a part of our lives, allowing us to move more easily around potential entanglements. 

My prayer this week is that we might choose well in obeying, loving, walking, and keeping, and that we may also choose to be grateful for His mercy in drawing us toward the path of Life. And may we find joy along the way, which is the fuel we need for the journey. 


3 comments:

betty said...

Amen, that is a wonderful prayer, Ma; I join you in saying it. It really covers living a good life if we can follow all of that.

betty

jack69 said...

I have a friend who is constantly saying about the youth. They would not do that if they knew what was ahead. I always think WE DID NOT KNOW WHAT WAS AHEAD either, and we made it.

Life works better if you live as this entry describes. The ordinary 'normal' things turn the journey into something SPECIAL. In life preferring your neighbor, in the end give you preference!
NEAT!
I am thinking this is our last COOL night. (smile) I can hope!

Rick Watson said...

Very true.