It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, March 25, 2016

Chapter 3, Page 25, Book 13



It's Good Friday. Good because 2000 years ago the events of today prove that we matter to God.

Author Unknown

Friday, March  25th - It’s a good Friday!

Despite, indeed because of, its sadness, Good Friday is truly good. Good Friday is ‘good’ because as terrible as that day was, it had to happen for us to receive the joy of Easter.

By all accounts, this day was a grief stricken day for the Lord Jesus. But He endured the agony not because it was a pleasant experience for Him, but because it was good for those He came to save.

And this is love. This is good.

Good Friday is not your usual T.G.I.F. but  it may be most adequate response we can offer after all.

Good often disguises itself as pain, or disappointment or loss. And we just try to fast forward through all those parts so we can get to what we think will be the good parts, the easy parts, the planned out parts, however we define good.

Maybe on Good Friday, we can learn to see good in all its disguises.

On this Good Friday may we never forget the true meaning of Easter.  For when He was on the cross, I was on His mind.

Author Unknown

4 comments:

jack69 said...

This sorta says it all with that last quote:
On this Good Friday may we never forget the true meaning of Easter. For when He was on the cross, I was on His mind.

Hollie said...

I have been thinking a lot about the Friday and all that our Lord and Savior endured for us!!!! I'm so unworthy but so thankful that I was on his mind when he was on the cross!!!!! I hope you have a Happy and Blessed Easter!!

betty said...

So true when Jesus was on the cross, I was on his mind. I am thankful he endured it for my salvation.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

You summed up my thoughts exactly, when you said..."Good often disguises itself as pain, or disappointment or loss. And we just try to fast forward through all those parts so we can get to what we think will be the good parts, the easy parts, the planned out parts, however we define good."