It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Chapter 3, Page 2, Book 16


Put God in the driver's seat of your life because anything under his control will Never be out of control.

March 2nd - sometimes we have to take the backseat. 

One thing I’ve learned, maybe two is that we cannot do everything by ourselves.  There are times when we try to control our lives so much that we stop living by faith.


 Sometimes we have to take a back seat and let go and let God. He will take us to amazing places we never dreamed of going, show us things we passed by every day and never noticed. 


Back seat drivers don't know the feel of the wheel but they sho' know how to make a fuss

Bob Dylan

I’m noted for being a backseat driver.  Letting others know how I think they should be driving. You can ask any one of my children and they’ll tell you it is so.   But that is never a good thing and always leaves those in the drivers seat wishing I’d shut up.  


Letting it go and taking the time to just look around and enjoy the ride is always more rewarding.

Letting go helps us to to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress.

Melody Beattie


3 comments:

jack69 said...

Okay, i'm laughing my head off! I know a back seat driver or two. LOL But in reality I think it is folks who 'actually drive themselves' that are back seat drivers. Someone who doesn't drive seldom are (IMHO).
And also I think we all are (or want to be) backseat drivers at one time or the other.

But truthfully we all need help at one time or the other, even from the back seat driver.

Sun is out and 63, temp is going up today!

betty said...

It is good to let go and let God work. It is hard to do though. I know when teaching son to drive, and even now sometimes driving with him, I'm always reaching for the brake pedal on my son of the car, LOL :) I think it is hard sometimes to give up control, but it is good when we do so when we give it to God and realize we need to let him take charge.

betty

Rick Watson said...

That's easier said than done but I know you write the truth.
R