It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, March 11, 2016

Chapter 3, Page 11, Book 16



If I had my life to live over, I'd pick more daisies.
I'd try to make more mistakes next time.
I would be sillier than I have been this trip.
I would relax, I would limber up.
I know very few things I would take seriously.
I would take more trips, travel lighter.
I would be crazier. I would be less hygienic. 
I would take more chances.
I would climb more mountains, swim more rivers, and watch more sunsets.
I would eat more ice cream and less beets.
I would have more actual troubles and fewer imaginary ones.
You see, I am one of those people who live practically and sensibly and sanely, hour after hour, day after day.
Oh, I have had my mad moments, And if I had it to do over again,
I'd have more of them.
Just moments, one after another, instead of living so many minutes ahead.
I have been one of those people who never go anywhere
Without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a gargle, a raincoat, and road map.
If I had my life to live over,
I would start barefooted earlier in the spring
and stay that way later in the fall.
I would ride more merry go rounds, and swing more.
I would do more water and sun fun things.
I'd turn more somersaults, and roll in the grass, and go barefoot all over.
If I had my life to live over.
I'd spend more time at fun places.
I'd try to be more in touch with God and those I love.
I'd pray aloud more and not care what people think or expect of me.
I'd give more to me, and take more of you.
I'd just be me more and more....
Yes, I'd pick more daisies next time. 

Author Unknown




March 11th - slow down and watch and share your daisies

Priceless Time

Earl Nightingale

    If we don’t get what we want out of this life, it is seldom because we are not given enough time for it; we have more than enough time. As with most everything else, it’s what we choose to do with it that makes all the difference.


I don’t live with any regrets, but the the poem above always reminds me of things I should be doing now and for the rest of my life.  For years I adopted the outlook that I should bloom where I am planted, but more and more I’m thinking I should Live Life in Full Bloom !  There’s no need to wait. Life is short but life is also very sweet and it's not over yet.



3 comments:

betty said...

I like your thought to have a full bloom where you are planted and that no matter what age we are, we still have more living to do, even if it is just one more day, so we should live fully indeed!

betty

jack69 said...

I think our interpretations of the poem are the same. It is good to learn on this first trip thru, there won't be another.
Picking daisies was a great past time. I still remember it fondly. I do on occasion still do it and go thru the 'loves me, loves me not.' I could always make it come out 'LOVES ME'. (smile)

Rick Watson said...

Powerful post Ma. I used to get books on tape by Earl Nightingale at the library. He was a remarkable man.