It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 19, 2016

Chapter 2, Page 19, Book 16



The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place.

Barbara De Angelis


February 19th - toe tappin' time

Life is a dance, you learn as you go. Sometimes you lead and sometimes you follow. Don’t worry that you don’t know, you learn as you go.

Thinking of our life journey as a dance, is a delightful way to live.  Life is like a dance, sometimes we know the steps and sometimes we make them up. We need to be aware that our relationship to life is always changing. We are always dancing with life. Sometimes we follow the music and sometimes we make up our own tune. Sometimes we get our toes stepped on and sometimes we step on others toes. Sometimes we slow dance and sometimes we fast dance. There are even times when we sit out for a dance or two. 

Life is a dance between making it happen and letting it happen

Arianna Huffington

The good thing about life, and dancing, is we can always step back in when we are ready, we can dance any dance we choose and it doesn’t matter if we know the steps or not, we can make them up as we go. Each of us can choose the dance we want. We move in and we move out. We breathe in and we breathe out. We are discovering new positions through the dance and although we practice again and again, each performance on stage is never exactly the same.


Life is a dance … live it gracefully 


3 comments:

betty said...

I liked how life was described like a dance; and indeed so true! Sometimes we do lead, sometimes we do follow, and sometimes we just take a break and let others dance around us.

betty

Sr. Ann Marie said...

The idea of life as a dance has been a favorite image for me over recent years--and sometimes I think of my relationship with God as a big part of that dance.

jack69 said...

I dance in my heart and mind, I wish I could do it on the dance floor. But the thought of dancing thru lie, fits my fancy!
Trip to the Dr. went well for me. I can get a new ear next month.
From a nice but a little cool, NC