It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Chapter 2, Page 11, Book 16



We are so often caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey, especially the goodness of the people we meet on the way. Appreciation is a wonderful feeling, don't overlook it.

Author Unknown

February 11th - Lent is a journey

O God of second chances Lent is made for me
Fill me, direct me, bless me, empower me
that I might walk in the way of Your Cross 

Morning Prayer

I’m on a 40 day journey through Lent and I’m hoping you’ll join me.  The destination that we will reach at the end of our journey is Easter.  There is a lot to prepare for before we reach that happy joyful day, mean while we are on a journey.  To me preparation is half the fun.

Lent looms before us like a desert we must cross to get to Easter. Our travels are marked by a trail of muddy footprints as we make our way through a wilderness littered by the beastly issues of home and school and office, stress and sickness and sadness, confusion and chaos and violence.

It is a path that we step onto that leads to the cross and leads to the empty tomb. Along the way, there are hills and valleys, stones to stumble upon, and smooth paths to tread over with confidence; and hopefully along the way, there are moments of clarity where our faith seems a little bit clearer, even though there will also be moments where it seems foggy and uncertain.

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:14



2 comments:

betty said...

That is so true that sometimes we are so eager to get to our destination, we do forget the journey along the way, scenes we could be seeing, things we could be learning, etc. Lent is a good time to slow down and to enjoy the journey towards Easter.

betty

jack69 said...

Author Unknown has hit the nail on the head again, most folk do miss life as they travel, not knowing that the journey is as important as the destination. In life at times the journey is more interesting than the destination.

Love from a cool Florida!