It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, January 08, 2016

Chapter 1, Page 8, Book 16



Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. 

Ronald Reagan 

January 8th - music is sweet 

Life, he realize, was much like a song. In the beginning there is mystery, in the end there is confirmation, but it's in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile.

Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song

I cannot remember a time when music was not a part of my life.  The songs I remember from childhood come from times with family and times at church.

I remember singing She’ll Be Coming Around the Mountain on my way to my grandparents house and I remember singing This Little Light of Mine at church.

Music is a part of who I am and sometimes we need music to say things we cannot say in other way.   Music is all around us: television, radio , DVDs, advertising, music in the car, piped music when we shop


Life is like a song, most people don't understand the meaning of it but you have to listen to it carefully in order to understand what it means or what it's trying to tell you.

Songs can evoke feelings and emotions like no other medium. Songs are played at weddings, graduations, life changing celebrations and funerals to connect better our feelings to the circumstance.


Life is like music. A song that lasts forever would not be beautiful. Impermanence is a necessary and incredible thing. It’s sometimes sad to think about, but it’s also great. This life you have is like a song. You may not have a large audience, but it’s okay. People are listening. This is how I think about life. It ends, but your notes can echo on forever in memory. It was a song that touched people. A kind song, a happy song. The fact that it was heard and faded away makes it that much more special. It might be hard to accept, but it’s the truth. Make the most of this life. Make your song the best it can be.



How Sweet It Is !



4 comments:

peggy said...

Making music and visiting friends were my parents only type of recreation. I remember those songs like yesterday. From the radio and the Grand Ole Opry they would memorize the latest songs. I like the music of today, well, some of it, but I doubt some of it will be as remembered. Happy Friday.

betty said...

I like your thought comparing life to a song; few might listen to it, but our lives do leave an impact on others indeed.

betty

jack69 said...

The human brain is an amazing thing. It is hard to imagine the amount of data stored there. The tunes attached to words made them easy to remember. Funny how hearing a tune brings back floods of memories,you have had it there all the time.
Good entry lady.

Rick Watson said...

As a songwriter, your words are like music to my ears :)