It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Chapter 1, Page 7, Book 15



You're only here for a short visit. Don't hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.

Walter Hagen

January 7 - sweet dreams are made of this 


 If you want sweet dreams, you've got to live a sweet life.

Barbara Kingsolver,

The dreams that I had for my life have all practically been fulfilled .  I wanted and had a wonderful husband, a home filled with children and love.  Now I have an ever growing family that never ceases to delight me.  Every day is something new and wonderful.  As most any grandparent can tell you, it’s wonderful to see them grow up.  


Of course there are not any roses blooming at my house right now.  It's wintertime, but they'll be back come May.  I've learned to slow down and appreciate what comes my way each day. I lead a simple life.  I have a comfortable place to live and enough of whatever I need to make me happy.  If things never changed, I’d still be content.  

Here’s a seven word sentence that encompasses everything you must do to really, truly live your dream:

Move your dream from someday to now.
Ralph Marston

We need to make full use of the time we have now.  Don’t dream your life away, live your dream now.  


How sweet it is!

5 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Great thoughts and perspective. Thanks for sharing and greetings!

Debbie said...

I like the way you think...why wait to live life to the fullest?!
Happy New Year!
Love.
Debbie
xo

jack69 said...

Yep, today should be the dream. Tomorrow is a long way off, too far.
Life indeed is good and sweet! I want to enjoy every minute of it.

betty said...

So true not to dream our lives away, but to live the day and enjoy what it brings :)

betty

Rick Watson said...

This one is chocked full of wisdom. But the last line really resonated with me.
R