It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Chapter 1, Page 3, Book 16




Every morning is a fresh beginning. Every day is the world made new. Today is a new day. Today is my world made new. I have lived all my life up to this moment, to come to this day. This moment - this day - is as good as any moment in all eternity. I shall make of this day - each moment of this day - a heaven on earth. This is my day of opportunity.

Dan Custer


January 3rd - a sweet new day

Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun.

Ecclesiastes 11:7


If there is anything I have learned from getting older, it is to enjoy every day. And every moment of every day. And, not to sweat the small stuff. Experience tells us that if you wake up expecting that you’re going to have a bad day, then you’ll most likely have a bad day. But if you wake up looking forward to the day, there’s a good chance your day will turn out well. It’s a simple illustration of how our attitudes can affect our behaviors, which then affect the way we deal with all kinds of situations.



With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.

 Eleanor Roosevelt

As the saying goes: Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift; that’s why it’s called the present. Sometimes we allow the pains of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow to spoil the present day. Therefore don’t allow those things to hinder you from enjoying the present. 

A new day: Be open enough to see opportunities. Be wise enough to be grateful. Be courageous enough to be happy.     

Steve Maraboli


We need to do to simply focus on what is today, do the best we can and give wholeheartedly whatever task for today and enjoy the ride. Take one day at a time. 


Every morning starts a new page in your story. Make it a great one today.     

Doe Zantamata

How sweet it is!

5 comments:

Carol Z said...

I like your photo today very much. I'm with you. Things that would have bothered me ten years ago seem so meaningless now, and I'm sure they were then. As I get older the time gets more precious and my attitude of gratitude grows. Wishing you and happy and healthy 2016.

betty said...

The pastor at church did a good sermon on forgetting some things from the past and letting them go in the new year; wise advise to take each day as the present that it was given to us by God :)

betty

jack69 said...

Folks like coming here because we think you do arise every morning expecting a GOOD DAY. I like positive folk. I am not always, but I do try to be. I think the old folk (and younger too) who do not realize each day is a gift, are missing something BIG in their lives.
THANKS...

Mevely317 said...

Oooh, your phrase, "letting the pains of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow ... spoil the present day" sure has hit home. Since last Thursday, a mistake at the workplace (albeit a minor error of omission) has been gnawing at my subconscious -- preventing me from fully appreciating my 'right now.' My GM doesn't expect perfection; but I'm my own worst taskmaster.

Rick Watson said...

Right now is all we have. Good post, Ma.