It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, January 22, 2016

Chapter 1, Page 22, Book 16



Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. 

Dr. Seuss

January 22nd - sweet memories are made of this


It is very true that we often don’t appreciate some thing or someone until we no longer have it. As we make our way on the journey of life, it is easy to forget places, people, and events that have been important to us along the way. Time passes, yesterday fades, and we become obsessed with the concerns of the moment.

 I love having a picture album on my computer as those pictures jog my memory.  Special celebrations, people and places are right there.  Seeing some thing or someone ’s picture brings back a good feeling all over again.  It refreshes my memory.  It’s like doing it all over again for the second time.
  


Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories.

From the movie An Affair to Remember


Often in life we forget the things we should remember and  remember the things we should forget.  I try to savor and save the good memories.  I treasure memories of hot summer days and air conditioned nights so that when like bad things happen, like winter time, I can remember.   I can say, Thanks for the memories !

When we lose someone dear to us. Be it a friend, a spouse, o child or a pet  all we can do to soften the loss is to keep the memories fresh of the good times we did have with them. We just need to be thankful for what ever time we had.   And I think when you have good memories to hang on to, we can change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.


So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.

Helen Keller

How Sweet it is !

3 comments:

jack69 said...

The older I get the more I realize how true that statement is, A moment means more when it becomes a memory.
Amazing how wonderful our memories are.Love hope you are staying warm!

betty said...

I do enjoy looking back at old pictures and remembering the events that might have prompted u to take the pictures. I am glad we do have the memories we do have, especially of fun times and loved ones. It does help soften sometimes the hard days of life.

betty

Debbie said...

So true....photos help remind us of the good times.
I hope you are having good days, dear one.
Debbie
xo