It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, January 02, 2016

Chapter 1, Page 2, Book 16



The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.

Melody Beattie

January 2nd - the sweet life of journaling

They say the best way to set goals is to write them out. And  for me the best way to write things out is here in my journal.  I love how every entry is saved and kept so that I can go back and see exactly what I may have put down.  Over 10 years of journals are available for me to read and reread.

Sadly there are not many of my old friends that still blog, they are missed but I am thankful for those that still do and I love keeping up with what they do and how they are doing.  Blogging is very much the same as journaling and I’m thankful for a place to do it. 

This book of mine, now #16 is a new beginning, This Page is the date, January 2nd, and the Chapter is the Month of the year we’re in - January.  Chapter 1, Page 2, Book 16.  So it begins another year.  I can hardly wait to see what it will bring. Each and every day brings something new and sweet my way.

How sweet it is!

May we all be blessed in this sweet year of 2016!  


New Year's Day. A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self discovery. Today carve out a quiet interlude for yourself in which to dream, pen in hand. Only dreams give birth to change.

Sarah Ban Breathnach


3 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Isn't Sarah Ban Breathnach grand? I love the way in which she weaves thoughts.

Yes, there's something quite magical about the freshness of a new year. Like the purity of a new snowfall, I'm almost reluctant to jump in and disturb its illusion.

jack69 said...

YOur feelings are shared by we that remain to Blog daily. I had to smile at what Rick said, "I feel sorry for those who no longer blog, now they don't know where their time goes."

Yep it does take time to put some thoughts down. But I am thankful for those who still do. It is always a 'sweet' pleasure to stop by Ma's house to see what is new!
Sending Love and good thoughts your way!

betty said...

That is so neat, Ma, with having over 10 years of blogs to read back on and reflect on times from before. It is always good to read back and see what we were done in a certain season of our lives; does help us to remember things :)

betty