It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 18, 2016

Chapter 1, Page 18, Book 16


Of the blessings set before you, make your choice, be content and keep your smile.

January 18th - contentment is sweet


A smile is happiness you'll find right under your nose.

Tom Wilson

Don't let the world change your smile.. We have to choose to be happy and keep choosing it.



Looking at what is right in my world lifts my spirits and deepens my gratitude.
When ever I feel down or am feeling sorry for myself, I count my blessings and counting my blessings makes me smile.  I’m content with my world and happy.

Knowing  that there is far more good going on in my life than bad, I’ve become a very thankful person.

We don’t need to wait until we’ve changed everything and made our life perfect before we’re happy. We have everything we need to be happy right now. 

Contentment means my happiness is not dependent upon circumstances. If you don't learn contentment, you'll never be happy. You'll always want more.


Remember:  In order to be happy with what you have now you need to follow this simple rule.

Be thankful for everything you have now. If it’s food on the table or a place to sleep at night. You need to take the time out of your day and give thanks either out loud or in your mind for all the things you have. This simple task takes less than a minute and will have a dramatic impact on your current happiness.

Say thanks over and over again.  I feel it’s the best tool you have for being content, happy, and satisfied with life at any given moment.

How sweet it is !

3 comments:

betty said...

That is so true, Ma, about if one doesn't learn to be content, they will always be wanting more and living life with lots of unhappiness. A life of thanks is a great one to have indeed and you are right, it doesn't take long to list things to be thankful for and to realize how much we do have.

betty

jack69 said...

Contentment, such a sweet satisfying word. I am one very happy guy, I cannot imagine being more content, than I am today.
This is not always true, but it is something I do strive for. Very satisfied with my station in life, the cards I have been dealt, etc. As always, good stuff at MA's house.

Carol Z said...

I wish I had learned this many years ago. It would have made my life so much easier. I do feel like a lucky woman. I am content and each day is a blessing.