It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Chapter 1, Page 14, Book 16


When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When cares are pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns.
And many a fellow turns about,
When he might have won, had he stuck it out.
Don't give up, though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.

Author Unknown


January 14th - keep going

I do not know the word quit. Either I never did, or I have abolished it. 

Susan Butcher 
I’m one of those people that never gives up.  I’ve been down and out, but always got up and started all over again.   I’ve always that that where there is a will, there is a way.

Not only have I fallen flat on my face once, it’s happened more times that I’ve liked to count.  But the lesson I’ve learned through it all is that just about the time you want to give up is when things change.

I’m not sure that all of us can learn to say, I love to make mistakes. But what we hope we are saying is that we are all human beings. Sometimes I have my shining moments, and sometimes I goof. I may not listen. I may say hurtful words. I may make a bad decision. I may blunder. I may mess up. But our mistakes, our failures, don’t have the final word.

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. 

Philippians 4:13 
Failing to me is a learning experience and experiment; it makes you dig deeper and think harder.  Because God is eager to give us forgiveness and strength, the only way to lose is to give up,


Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow’.  

 Mary Anne Radmacher

 I’ve never thought of myself as courageous, but I have tried again and again.  Never giving up.  The thing is I’m sure that there are more lessons for me to learn along the way, and  I’m determined, with the good Lord’s help, to keep at it. The lesson we need to remember is that we all fail but only failures stay down. Keep on trying and also keep on looking to help others when they fall down.  


As Long As You Are Alive Anything Is Possible

How sweet it is !


4 comments:

betty said...

I liked that "Don't Quit." So true not to quit, just keep trying again and again; makes one a little bit wiser too if they keep looking for solutions for a problem rather than giving up on the problem. We equate sometimes courageous with bravery, but courageous is just continuing to live, getting up and going, even in the midst of the hard times.

betty

peggy said...

It's easy to just say "aint gonna happen" sometimes. Then it does and I am glad I didn't let it go. Persistence always pays off, in the big things as well as the small. We still have our snow cover but a little warmer today. Maybe I will get my car cleaned off.

jack69 said...

Fortunately I think Sherry and I were born with that attitude. Never give up. It is fortunate when you have the attitude inborn, I like the last line of the poem by my friend annon or unknown:
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.

Thanks God and Life are good.

Rick Watson said...

All excellent quotes. Jilda wrote a song entitled At 33. One verse says:

People stare at the stars
And wish for the moon
They reach too high
And they quit too soon.

R