It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Chapter 1, Page 13, Book 16


Life is not just about the good things or not just about the bad things. It is both. It all depends where you focus your attention.

 Ann Marie Aguilar

It seems to me that the thoughts I hold in my mind shape the experiences of my day.  The way you start your day affects the rest of it.  Thoughts and  ideas can be the building blocks of our lives.  

The first rule of focus is Wherever you are be there. 

Author Unknown

Most of my mornings begin with Scripture readings and daily devotionals that inspire me and keep me focused on what is important in life.  I’m reminded that each morning is a new day and a new start.  Scripture encourages me and gives me the wisdom I need for life.  It’s one place you can find all the answers you’ll ever need, if only you take time to look.

While we are focusing on fear, worry, or hate, it is not possible for us to be experiencing happiness, enthusiasm or love.

Bo Bennett


Starting my day with the Lord through the daily Scripture readings or reflecting with a daily devotional helps me focus on who I want to be each day.


Only one thing has to change for us to know happiness in our lives: where we focus our attention. 

Greg Anderson



2 comments:

betty said...

So true to get our thoughts pointing int he right direction first thing in the morning for the day to go well, and pointing them on God and the Scriptures is the best way to begin the day!

betty

jack69 said...

YOu hit me with a new one today from annon:

The first rule of focus is Wherever you are be there. .......

I had never given it much thought, how many times have I (or a friend) not really BEEN THERE, our minds were elsewhere!
Good one!