It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 11, 2016

Chapter 1, Page 11, Book 16


Every day's a perfect gift of time for us to use. 
Hours waiting to be filled in any way we choose. 
Each morning brings a quiet hope that rises with the sun.
 Each evening brings the sweet content 
that comes with work well done. 


Winter mornings do provide a perfect view of the sunrise here at my house.  I sit looking out the kitchen window which faces south and watch the eastern sky to see the day break each morning.  Later on in the year as the sun moves higher in the horizon, the view changes, but right now I get to see it in all it’s glory.  There are many cloudy days here during the winter and those days are the dreary ones for me so I take great notice when I get to see the sun rise.

 Every sunset gives us one day less to live! But every sunrise give us one day more to hope! Sometimes our struggles seem worse at night, but when sunrise comes it brings hope again that we can continue.  Life is a joy when you can celebrate it every day! And it's the sunrise that brings a new beginning to life!

 Sunset is a time to pause and reflect, to say goodbye to the brightness of the day and is a special time for me to give thanks.   In the summer I love to sit out on the porch and watch it set, but now that winter time is here, I’m enjoying the sunrise just a little more.

How Sweet it Is !

2 comments:

betty said...

Such a pretty sunrise in the picture too! We face east too so I get to see the sun rising unless of course on a cloudy day. We don't get too many spectacular ones, but always a nice feeling to see it coming over the hill; a new day beginning :)

betty

jack69 said...

I was struck by the statement "The sunset is one less day to live but a sunrise, another day to LIVE!

YES! How sweet it is!