It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 04, 2015

Chapter 12, Page 4, Book 15



Like clouds and wind without rain is a man who boasts of gifts he does not give.

Proverbs 25:14


December 4th - giving your best


Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas. 

Peg Bracken

This time of year is busy for me because I hand paint ornaments for my grandchildren and children for Christmas every year.  I’ve procrastinated and am behind, but I’m working hard to catch up. There are also some things I’d like to sew together for gifts, but they are on hold until I get the painting done.  

I do believe that homemade gifts are the best.  They show all the love and care we  have in our hearts for others.  The pictures today are of just a few of the things I’ve painted in the past.  Truth is that I could never afford to buy gifts for my large family, so I make them instead.  One thing I seem to have a lot of is time.  Time to give to others.


Time is your most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it. You can make more money, but you can't make more time. When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you'll never get back. Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time...Relationships take time and effort, and the best way to spell love is T-I-M-E.

 Rick Warren

As you think about what gifts you want to give, consider giving those you love the gift of time. Time is a concrete expression of love that people can measure. 


The time we spend with others, the time we spend loving,  all make for a very Merry Christmas.

Advent is that season when we look both backward and forward. We look back to Christ's coming into the world in the manger at Bethlehem, but we also look forward to a perfect world full of Christ's love and peace. And that perfect world begins with you and me!


Some people go through life trying to find out what the world holds for them only to find out too late that it's what they bring to the world that really counts.

From the book: 'Anne of Green Gables'
Written by Lucy Maud Montgomery


2 comments:

betty said...

I liked that quote from Rick Warren; so true about time. You made such wonderful things over the years for your family! I know they love them all. A handmade gift is indeed a gift from the heart :)

betty

jack69 said...

As always some very good and timely quotes.
And yes you are so right, the most important thing life is not what is in it for us, but what we BRING that counts.

An over cast and cool day here in Florida, but nice.