It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Chapter 11, Page 4, Book 15


Doubt sees the obstacles
faith sees the way.
Doubt sees the darkest night
Faith sees the day.
Doubt dreads to take a step
Faith soars on high.
Doubt questions 'who believes?'
Faith answers, 'I.' 


Author Unknown


November 4th - doubt can rob us of peace and confidence

There’s a story about man worried constantly about everything. Then one day his friends heard him whistling happily and looking noticeably relaxed. What happened? they asked him in astonishment.

He said, I’m paying a man to do my worrying for me.

How much do you pay him? they asked.

Two thousand dollars a week, he replied.

Wow! How can you afford that?

I can’t, he said, but that’s his worry.

While this humorous way to handle stress doesn’t work in real life

Worry ends where faith begins.



How about for the next 3 minutes we put aside our doubts and focus on this glorious day the good Lord has blessed us with!

It’ll be the best day ever !

3 comments:

jack69 said...

I smile at the direction signs, I have been there before. But for today I will take your last suggestion and ENJOY THIS DAY I HAVE BEEN GIVEN!
From a beautiful day in Florida!!!

betty said...

I like your final thought Ma about putting aside the next 3 minutes and focus on the glorious day God has given us :) Today here it is a bit cloudy and windy, but gorgeous color of the leaves as fall continues :)

I like the doubt versus faith; good reminder for us to live with faith :)

betty

Rick Watson said...

The doubt poem blew me away. You blog is the most inspirational blog I've ever visited.
R