It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Chapter 11, Page 28, Book 15



A little boy named Adam wanted to be like his friend Bobby.  Adam loved the way Bobby walked and talked. Bobby wanted to be like Charlie. Something about Charlie’s stride intrigued him. Charlie on the other hand, was impressed with Danny. Charlie wanted to look and sound like Danny. Danny, of all things, had a hero as well. He wanted to be just like Adam. So Adam was imitating Bobby, who was imitating Charlie, who was imitating Danny, who was imitating Adam. Turns out, all Adam had to do was be himself.

Stay in your own lane. Run your own race. Nothing good happens when you compare and compete. God’s yardstick for measuring faithfulness is how faithful you are with your own gifts. You are not responsible for the nature of your gift. But you are responsible for how you use it!

Max Lucado 

November 28th - You are a gift !


That is right YOU are a gift !

Each and everyone of us is uniquely and perfectly made and we are gifts to each other.  Where would I be without all the wonderful people in my life.  They make my life what it is.  

The family of humanity is connected in wondrous ways. Physically, we are related through common genetics, culture, and civilization. 

What I do often affects a much wider circle of people than I may realize. If I express anger, I may set a difficult tone for my family’s day. When I share joy, happiness spreads throughout my world.

The impact of our nature ripples beyond our homes and into our communities. On so many levels, we are one with everyone we encounter.  Love is what holds us all together.



If you're doing your best, you won't have any time to worry about failure. 

Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

4 comments:

betty said...

So true to be yourself and not try to be someone else. Good to model characteristics that we might want, like patience, compassion, etc., but good to just use the wonderful gifts God has given us.

betty

Mevely317 said...

How I wish I'd seen Mac Lucado's parable when I was in grade school!
In the end, like that olden song lyric goes, it's best to "AC-cent-uate the Positive, E-liminate the negative ..."

Good message!

jack69 said...

As my uncle Ralph would say, "That's a Good'un!" I seem to always appreciate what Max L has to say. Smart man.
But no matter the person you quote, you find the nicest things to round them out.
From Georgia! jd

Rick Watson said...

I love that line, "Stay in your own lane." Those are profound words.
R