It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 20, 2015

Chapter 11, Page 20, Book 15



Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one. 

Oscar Wilde


November 20 - Laugh a little bit

Laugh a Little Bit

Here's a motto, just your fit -
Laugh a little bit.
When you think you're trouble hit,
Laugh a little bit.
Look misfortune in the face.
Brave the beldam's rude grimace;
Ten to one 'twill yield its place,
If you have the wit and grit
Just to laugh a little bit.

Keep your face with sunshine lit,
Laugh a little bit.
All the shadows off will flit,
If you have the grit and wit
Just to laugh a little bit.

Cherish this as sacred writ -
Laugh a little bit.
Keep it with you, sample it,
Laugh a little bit.
Little ills will sure betide you,
Fortune may not sit beside you,
Men may mock and fame deride you,
But you'll mind them not a whit
If you laugh a little bit.

Edmund Vance Cooke


We all have some kind of motto we like to live by...

Stay sane. Keep your sense of humor

My life motto: My brakes are broke, but luckily my gas pedal works just fine.


Jarod Kintz

3 comments:

betty said...

They do say laughter is the best medicine. A day without laughter would be a dull one I do believe.

betty

jack69 said...

I love to laugh. Laugh hard, I enjoy a big belly laugh, but as I get older I still laugh, but not with the enthusiasm I once did. I do smile a lot but on occasion I love to laugh out loud! It feels good.

jack69 said...

Funny thing, I probably laugh out loud at something I have done more often than hearing or seeing it is someone else!