It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Chapter 11, Page 17, Book 15


Anxiety weighs down the heart,
    but a kind word cheers it up.

 Proverbs 12:25


November 17th - Look for meaning in everything.

Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.

William Arthur Ward

Words and meanings... you learn something new every day. 

One thing I've learned is that each person, no matter what others may think, has feelings. A simple, yet most appreciated thing doesn't have to be big, it can take as little as a second but may change the day for a lot of people.

 What you do in a moment's time, can have a tremendous effect on a person for the rest of their life. And as someone once said, We are here to make people feel like a million bucks, not two cents.


There is no instinct like that of the heart. 

Lord Byron

Do you ever find yourself sitting with a friend over a cup of coffee, listening to their troubles, and wishing you knew just what to say or do?  I have been in conversations like that many, many times.  And as often as not, I don’t have just the right thing to say that will make the cause of their anxiety disappear.  But even when you or I are in that situation and simply can’t resolve our friend’s troubles all at once, or even at all, we can give a kind word!


A kind word won't resolve whatever problem our anxious friend has, but it does cheer him up.  As we have opportunity, let’s be good friends to one another and offer kind words as often as our friends have heavy hearts. 


Every person you know needs to be encouraged at one point or another. Everyone needs to have someone in their lives who is willing to listen to their stories and tell them they are loved.
Charles F. Stanley

3 comments:

betty said...

I find myself in situations where I'm not sure what to say to people; I do agree they appreciate a kind word, sometimes they just want to talk and have someone listen to them too. Sometimes too a simple touch can take on so much more meaning than a word could too :)

betty

jack69 said...

I take pleasure in compliments to clerks and servers. To see 'that' smile, also makes me feel like a million bucks! And it didn't cost me 'two cents'.
Lady you done good with this one also.
Love from a beautiful Florida

Rick Watson said...

Well said. Sometimes even when you don't speak, a smile works wonders.
R