It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Chapter 11, Page 15, Book 15



Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong.  There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right.  To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 15th - love sometimes takes courage

I think laughter may be a form of courage… As humans we sometimes stand tall and look into the sun and laugh, and I think we are never more brave than when we do that. 

 Linda Ellerbee

It does take a lot of courage to laugh when we’d rather be crying. Thankfully, I am able to laugh. Sometimes laughing is all I can do, especially when things aren't funny. 



Medical studies show that laughter boosts levels of endorphins, the body's natural painkillers, and suppresses levels of epinephrine, the stress hormone.


Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

 Arnold Glasgow

Hearty laughter also exercises the lungs and circulatory system and increases the amount of oxygen in the blood. 



He who laughs, lasts.

Mary Pettibone Poole

Laugh and be happy. You can do it! 

Smile when there is a reason and smile when there’s no reason. Smile and let your smile create it’s own reasons.

Ralph Marston

Courage is like muscle. It's built up over time with each act outside our comfort zone. 
It creates strength that will last a lifetime

End today, begin tomorrow, with laughter.


Remember this: life will never be perfect, no matter how hard you try.  Even if you pour your heart and soul into it, you will never achieve a state of absolute perfection.  There will always be moments of uncertainty; there will always be days where nothing goes right.  But as time rolls on, I have learned that even the most imperfect situations can be made better with a little love and laughter.

Crying helps. Laughing helps too. It's up to you to decide which one you'd rather do

4 comments:

betty said...

I think sometimes crying and laughing at the same time can be really helpful, especially remembering a loved one, laughing at something they did, but then feeling sad that they aren't there any more. Very therapeutic for both, crying and laughing. It does take courage indeed to laugh, especially after tragedies. I hope the people in France will find something to laugh about in the coming time ahead, but in the meantime I am sure plenty of tears are being shed.

betty

Mevely317 said...

This reminds me, it's been too long since I laughed uproariously, just for the heck of it. My dear friend in Florida always has that effect on me when we get together.
Lots of good quotes, here. Have you heard the one from Anne Lamott? -- "Laughter is Carbonated Holiness."

jack69 said...

We do tend to doubt our decisions when someone else questions us. But laughing at our selves is good, when we learn we really are wrong, and going on with our lives. Most of the time we are right for our lives, whether others think so or not. It is good to be able to laugh and accept our role in life.
This entry does make me smile, that is always good. THANKS!

Rick Watson said...

I laugh a lot and I'm also pretty good at making others laugh too. Sometimes I get the biggest laughs when I tell something on myself.
I do some pretty goofy things at times without trying:)
R