It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Chapter 11, Page 11, Book 15


The moon gives you light,
And the bugles and the drums give you music,
And my heart, O my soldiers, my veterans,
My heart gives you love.

Walt Whitman


November 11th  - Veterans Day! 


If the people we love are taken from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die but real love is forever.

 Author Unknown



A Prayer for our Veterans and Their Families

Heavenly Father, today we honor our veterans in your name. We thank you, as we thank them and their families, for their sacrifice. We ask that you would give our veterans a peace beyond the peace they fought to secure, a peace in their own hearts, wrapped in the joy of a life touched by your strong hand. Amen.

While only one day of the year is dedicated solely to honoring our veterans, Americans must never forget the sacrifices that many of our fellow countrymen have made to defend our country and protect our freedoms.

Randy Neugebauer

3 comments:

betty said...

Good day to reflect on those who have served our country. So thankful for their service. I did hear our town is having a Veteran's Day Parade; I'll be working and unable to attend, but did hear lots of schools and scout troops are participating in it.

betty

jack69 said...

Many of my Heroes are gone, but I still remember them as though it was yesterday.
Nice tribute..

Rick Watson said...

This was good. Veteran's Day is only one day a year but whenever I come across someone I know is a veteran, I thank them for their service.