It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, October 09, 2015

Chapter 10, Page 9, Book 15


Oh how we love pumpkin season. You did know this gourd-ish squash has its own season, right? Winter, Spring, Summer, Pumpkin.... We anxiously anticipate it every year. 

Trader Joe’s Fearless Flyer

October 8th - let your light glow


The Pumpkin Prayer


Father in heaven, like a farmer, you have watched me grow, and picked me out to hold your light and to glow.


Open my mind so I can learn about you and think of you.


Open my mouth to sing of you and to tell others about you;


Open my eyes to see you and your world so that I can share the joy you bring;


Open my heart to be your home - a warm and welcome place.


Wash me clean of my sins and forgive me for the wrong I do;


Let your light shine in all I say and do, make me a place wherein your love and light may dwell.

Amen.


October is Pumpkin Time.  It speaks of the change of seasons, the cooling weather, the crisp evenings, jack o'lanterns, upcoming Thanksgiving and hearty foods.   It is that time of year where the pumpkin becomes a wonderful part of life.

Some of us are afraid to let that glow out, afraid of how we will be perceived.  I define it as being happy, different, letting your light shine.  We all have having an unique quality that it affects others in a world where everyone wants to be like everyone else


There is something magical about a carved pumpkin with a candle glowing inside

Let your love Light shine !

1 comment:

betty said...

That was a cute pumpkin prayer. Lots of pumpkins in the store here. I almost thought of buying one this year to decorate but not sure if we are going to get any trick or treaters and not sure if we can even have them out on display with our home owner association rules

betty