It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, October 30, 2015

Chapter 10, Page 30, Book 15


Perfect love is rare indeed - for to be a lover will require that you continually have the subtlety of the very wise, the flexibility of the child, the sensitivity of the artist, the understanding of the philosopher, the acceptance of the saint, the tolerance of the scholar and the fortitude of the certain. 

Leo Buscaglia


October 30th - are you certain?

Give love and unconditional acceptance to those you encounter, and notice what happens. 

Wayne Dyer

To be wise, subtle, sensitive, flexible, understanding and accepting are attributes I think we could all aspire to, considering that love and acceptance are universal needs people have. This includes the people in our lives. If we demand that people change to be more like us or to suit our liking, we are putting a tremendous strain on those relationships.

For some people being accepted and liked and having the approval or others is more important to them than anything else, so that can easily lead to this fear of rejection. When we are fearful of being rejected, we then allow that person or group who might reject us to have a lot of control over us. 

Being accepted is a requirement in all relationships. Nobody wants to be with someone who rejects them for what they believe, or judges them for certain traits of their personality.

The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance. 

Brian Tracy
There have been times when my efforts to change the people I loved weren’t helping matters. In fact, I often just made things worse.  This doesn’t just mean we accept others and merely put up with them. It just means that the way to change is prayer, not pressure. If we love people we can pray for them, the good Lord will do the work. 

For change to last, it must come from the inside out. I’ve learned that nagging is not an effective tool for change, but prayer and much love will do the job.

There is no fear in love…The one who fears is not made perfect in love 

1 John 4:18

3 comments:

betty said...

That is so true that the best thing we can do if we want to "change" someone is pray for them and also encourage them when we see they are making some positive changes or choices in their lives.

betty

Mevely317 said...

Did you see me wince just now?
Boy, your second paragraph may well have been used to describe me. Well, up to a few years ago; I'm a slow learner that way!

jack69 said...

I just love to read Betty and Myra's comments. Most times I just say amen!
but this is so true today, and I looked myself square in the eye and said MA is soooo right:

There have been times when my efforts to change the people I loved weren’t helping matters. In fact, I often just made things worse.