It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Chapter 10, Page 24, Book 15


I Want To Know


I want to know, when day is done,
That life has been worth living,
That I have brought somebody joy
Through kind, unselfish giving.


I want to feel, when evening falls
and shadows quickly lengthen
That I have made somebody glad,
Some weakness I have strengthened.


I want to know that come what may
I've left some cheer and gladness;
I want to feel at close of day
I've banished someone's sadness.


I want to feel at close of day
That someone's cares were lighter
Because of kindness I have done,
May someone's life be brighter.

Author Unknown


October 24th - All I ever needed to know about living with others,
 I learned from the Ten Commandments.

The Ten Commandments show us how to respond to love with love expressed in word and action .  They truly sum up the laws of love. 

For instance the Fifth Commandment, to honor our father and mother, addresses the importance of our learning to treat fellow human beings with respect and honor. Learning to obey this commandment helps children establish a lifetime pattern of respecting proper rules, traditions, principles and laws. Honoring others should be a normal, natural habit learned during youth, leading to strong families and, in turn, to a strong, stable society.

The Sixth Commandment, forbidding murder , tells us that life is a precious gift to be valued and respected. We are be builders, not destroyers, of good relationships.

The Eighth Commandment, forbidding stealing, shows that we need to respect and appreciate the rights and needs of others. The good Lord grants us many physical blessings, but they should never be our primary pursuit in life. The battle against selfishness begins in the heart, and we should put giving and serving others ahead of accumulating and lavishing possessions on ourselves.

I’ve named just a few, but I believe that if we allow these principles to guide us, we can all have loving  relationships with other people.



I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future. 

Author Unknown 

5 comments:

Back Porch Writer said...

Nice poem, and I like the statement about who holds the future. So true!

betty said...

That was a nice poem; I too want to know. So true too how many life lessons are in the Ten Commandments; how much better life would be if people followed those rules given by God :)

Have a great Saturday!

betty

jack69 said...

YOU said: I’ve named just a few, but I believe that if we allow these principles to guide us, we can all have loving relationships with other people*******

I agree wholeheartedly I believe the same!

Mevely317 said...

I certainly enjoyed these interpretations of the 10 Commandments, Ma ... the 5th, in particular, which was my mother's favorite.

Munir said...

Very nice poem.
Reading is one thing. The next thing is to pay attention and see if we can obey them.