It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Chapter 10, Page 22, Book 15



Give whatever you are doing and whoever you are with the gift of your attention. 

Jim Rohn

October 22nd - The most precious gift we can offer others is our attention.

If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention, than to any other talent.

Isaac Newton

They say that what captures your attention controls your life.  The important things in my life are my faith, my family and friends.

Whenever I give my life and my concerns patient attention rather than hurried attention,  I take life one step at a time, knowing God guides me each step of the way. 

Just like when we can’t make a flower bloom when we want it to. In some cases, it might not bloom at all. But we can set the best possible conditions to support its happening. So we fertilize the soil and provide water and sunshine. Then we must wait, patiently and without expectations.

Sometimes this is all we can do. Some situations can only be fertilized, watered, and given the sunshine of our patient attention.  We are only guaranteed one day at a time.

Only one thing has to change for us to know happiness in our lives: where we focus our attention. 

Greg Anderson


2 comments:

jack69 said...

To my regret, sometimes my attentions span is TOO short, and hind-sight hurts. I always vow to do better. Everything and everyone should get the attention they deserve!

Love from a nice day in Florida

betty said...

So true to give our attention to others, especially young children who sometimes need that little bit of extra love and attention to help them through their day.

betty