It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, October 19, 2015

Chapter 10, Page 19, Book 15



Are not five sparrows sold for two small coins?
Yet not one of them has escaped the notice of God.
Even the hairs of your head have all been counted.
Do not be afraid.
You are worth more than many sparrows.

Luke 12:6

October 19 - love focuses in on the good

A new word was added to the Oxford English Dictionary a couple of years ago: selfie. It’s a digital picture you take of yourself that often includes a background of where you are or the people who are with you. While taking a selfie can be a fun way to capture a special moment, the word conveys the sense of focusing on yourself and making yourself the center of attention. I’ve found that what often happens when we look at a picture of ourselves, we tend to focus on the flaws and think to ourselves, Do I really look like that? Wow! My teeth are more crooked than I thought!



The good news is that we all have the ability to think loving and caring thoughts and focus on good things in life and not the bad. It’s important for each of us to  know what it’s like to be loved completely and unconditionally, warts and all! That way, we won’t focus on our weaknesses and flaws and feel helpless. 

Each and every one of us is one of a kind, wonderfully different, no two alike, and we were all created with love.


Many of you have seen my brown bird pictured here before.  I keep it in view here at my house, no matter the season, as a reminder to myself. I am loved and in the best of care.  We all are in the good Lord’s tender loving care.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. 

Rita Mae Brown 

3 comments:

jack69 said...

Good entry, like the selfie, you 'done good'. WE are off to South CArolina then Florida!

betty said...

I like your brown bird, Ma; good visible reminder that indeed you are cared for by God and deeply loved by him :) Such a cute selfie of you and your daughter and your grandson! Hubby and me took our first selfie together (can you believe it) when we were at the Grand Canyon last week. We took two; one we liked; the other one we did look at our flaws in it. Good reminder too that God looks at the heart and not the outer appearance of man :)

betty

Barb Pinion said...

I love your brown bird Ma. Like you, I keep simple, beautiful things around me to remind me of God's blessings. Love the pictures of your family. I'm not one for selfies, have yet to take a selfie, doubt that I ever will. And as much as I've always hated taking pictures, as years pass I am more acutely aware that memories are helpful things, things that quite often get us through the rough spots in life. Thanks for being so faithful in your blogging. Wish so much my health allowed me to remain caught up, but it doesn't. I just post when I can, hopefully soon. Take care. Stay sweet. Love you much. You bless us all so very much.