It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Chapter 10, Page 14, Book 15



For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together.  For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.
 Edwin Way Teale

October 14th - love gathers here


 I love walking through the park trails in the woods, which I haven't done in several years, but it's always so beautiful when you get out there among all that lovely nature that God created. I love especially getting out there during the fall and letting those leaves crunch under my feet and feel that cold air hit my face.


I love all those yellow and golden leaves. None of those leaves start out with those pretty fall colors. They start out green. Getting to the red, orange, yellow, and gold colors is a process. Remembering that getting to that gold in us is a process too. 

And look at what grows because of an acorn. The mighty oak tree. We think of those as one of the bigger and stronger trees.


How can I help but to love and be thankful for the vivid colors of nature, in the warmth of the sun and the brisk breeze of dawn, and the aroma of dinner, in the silence of darkness and the laughter of friends.

Love gathers here...

3 comments:

jack69 said...

Love gathers here!!! It sure does. We are beginning to see some beautiful color here...

betty said...

It is enjoyable to see the colors of fall descending upon us bit by bit.

Betty

Rick Watson said...

It's my favorite time of year.