It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, September 05, 2015

Chapter 9, Page 5, Book 15




For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together. For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad. 

Edwin Way Teale

September 5th - Love scatters seeds


Seeds of faith are always within us; sometimes it takes a crisis to nourish and encourage their growth.

Susan L. Taylor


This time of year many of the flowers here at my house have gone to seed and this has started me thinking about how nature works.  I often put these little seeds into envelopes to save for planting next spring.  But very often the wind will scatter the seeds without any help from me.

Everything in life starts with a seed, including the things we receive by faith.  No matter how little you think you have, sow it in joy and faith, knowing in your heart that you are sowing seed so you may reap miracles.

We can either sow seeds of hatred, distrust, and resentment, or we can sow the seeds of faith, hope, and love. If we want love, we must sow the seeds of love.  Love is the answer for everything; it makes good marriages, keeps families together and brings happiness to all.

Seeds are like thoughts and the kind of seed you sow determines the kind of life you will have. When you sow the right seed, then you can count on having a great harvest.


Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, here in this world and the life to come.

Henri Nouwen

4 comments:

betty said...

I like the concept of everything starting out with a seed, that is so true. I want to make sure in my life I sow the seeds that are good ones of love, patience, compassion, etc.

betty

Mevely317 said...

I find this message really comforting. Thank you, Ma!

jack69 said...

I am with Myra, It is comforting, and I at least once a day try to compliment someone, especially a worn down clerk, for their sweet smile, nice hair or beautiful eyes. It always brings the radiant smile. I love it.

Rick Watson said...

If there's anything more beautiful than the color of autumn, I've never seen it.
R