It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Chapter 9, Page 29, Book 15



Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.

William Arthur Ward

September 29 - forgiveness, the better way

Love is an electric blanket with somebody else in control of the switch. 

Cathy Carlyle

Because I love, there are times that others do have some control over what I do.  I do things, I wouldn’t otherwise do because of my love for them.  I make meals and bake cakes for them.  I send out cards and gifts because I love them.  


What power has love but forgiveness?
In other words
by its intervention
what has been done
can be undone.
What good is it otherwise? 

William Carlos Williams

I say lots of prayers for them, but no one can force me to forgive. Forgiveness is a choice I make when I am ready to release the burden of anger, pain, and shame. I forgive when I believe there is a better way. 


Forgiving is love’s toughest work, and love’s biggest risk. If you twist it into something it was never meant to be, it can make you a doormat or an insufferable manipulator. Forgiving seems almost unnatural. Our sense of fairness tells us people should pay for the wrong they do. But forgiving is love’s power to break nature’s rule. 

Lewis B. Smedes

Lots of bad things can be forgiven when we decide it is a better way to live and Love is the excellent way. 



Forgiveness is love in its most noble form. 

Anonymous

2 comments:

jack69 said...

Ain't this the truth!
Forgiving is love’s toughest work, and love’s biggest risk.

That was my gem for the day. So very true!

Love from a rainy south .. We need the rain our rivers are LOW!

betty said...

Forgiveness is freeing for the one that forgives. Sometimes though we have to work through the process to get there to realize that and then to truly forgive those that have hurt us :)

betty