It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Chapter 9, Page 27, Book 15




All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.

Leo Tolstoy

September 27 - Let nature perform its magic.


The serenity of the autumn air surrounds me.

We all get emotional occasionally, or lose our temper once in a while. But if you are out of balance in either one of these areas, it is very important to get back in balance if you want your day to go right.



Love is a canvas furnished by Nature 

To restore harmony in our lives I think we need to try to focusing attention on the present moment. In nature, we can listen to the sounds of birds singing and notice the beauty of the landscape and these first few fall days have been just beautiful here.

For most areas of my life, the only thing holding me back from achieving my goals is me. I know what I should do and  what I could do,  but when it comes right down to it, excuses slip in and override my good intentions.




Today is a good day to go out on the porch where I can feel the calmness of autumn settling in.. Sitting on the porch watching the leaves fall off the trees is an awesome way to clear my mind. Autumn brings a feeling of quiet contentment.

There is some magic to be found in the way the earth changes from green to golden and the way the leaves look like fairies descending sleepily from trees in the early morning sun.

5 comments:

Back Porch Writer said...

So true! I enjoy watching the leaves fall and enjoy the crunch of the leaves when walking through them and even the smell of the wet leaves after a rain. It's a wonderful transition time into the cozy winter days - or freezing cold moments (ha) of the days to come. Have a great Sunday.

jack69 said...

Yes, Fall is a feel good time. A time of release. The porch sounds like a great idea. good post....

Debbie said...

What a truly peaceful post you have written today. Your porch sounds like the perfect place to sit and enjoy watching a fairy or two.
Smooches.
Debbie
xo

betty said...

I think it would be nice to sit at a porch and watch autumn with leaves falling, feeling the breeze etc. Good place to spend some time just relaxing and being!

betty

Mevely317 said...

My favorite time of year!
... We're still in the low 100*'s, but appreciate everyone's on-line photos while the A/C blows down my neck. :)