It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 25, 2015

Chapter 9, Page 25, Book 15



Live and let go. Do not be held down by what you can't control.

Author Unknown


September 25 - mind over matter


Our minds have the capacity to do amazing things. They can imagine, memorize, reason, and choose. We use them to solve complex problems, to imagine new possibilities, and to enjoy the beauty of a sunrise. What an awesome gift!



However there are various points in our lives, all of us feel we’re getting out of our depth or in over our heads. There are problems all around: A job is lost, someone dies, there is strife in the family, or a bad report comes from the doctor. When these things happen, our temptation is to panic because we feel we’ve lost control.

But think about it: The truth is that we’ve never been in control when it comes to life’s most crucial elements.



When we put our problems in God’s hands, He puts His peace in our hearts.

So here is a little plan to help you keep watch on your mind. Step One is to fill it with thoughts about the good Lord every morning and at regular points throughout the day. Step Two is … well, there is no Step Two. When I start to worry about my loved ones, I put them in the hands that can do what I cannot do.  

Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway . 

Mary C. Crowley 


3 comments:

betty said...

I like your plan of the day, Ma. That is so true we can't control things no matter how hard we might want to. I like focusing on God first thing in the morning and then just keep going with that throughout the day.

betty

jack69 said...

This could not have been said better:
But think about it: The truth is that we’ve never been in control when it comes to life’s most crucial elements.

Ah now, that is TRUTH 101.
This is one of those thinkers. I like it.

Rick Watson said...

Jilda and I are talking a course on Mindful Meditation. It's a fascinating course and I'm hoping to learn things to help me better deal with stress.
R