It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Chapter 9, Page 20, Book 15




In trying to get our own way, we should remember that kisses are sweeter than whine.  

Author Unknown

September 20 - too blessed to complain


If you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it.  

Anthony J. D'Angelo

We all know what it’s like to get caught up in unnecessary complaining. It can happen to the best of us. What starts off as an innocent venting of frustration, if not checked, can turn into impatience or anger. Then, criticism, gossip, or unkindness comes slithering in. Before you know it, we find ourselves in a predicament we don’t quite know how to fix.

I recently saw a bumper sticker on a car going down the road that gently challenged my heart about the way I feel about my life. The sticker simply said, Too blessed to complain.

Too often I find myself lamenting moments in life that don’t go my way, rather than focusing on the wonderful gifts I’ve been given.  God really has been good to me in more ways than I could ever count and that bumper sticker reminded me of what I should already know…counting your blessings makes you realize just how blessed you are and I would have to agree…I am too blessed to complain.



We don’t need more to be thankful for, we just need to be more thankful.


5 comments:

Rick Watson said...

I've been guilty of being a whino before:)

jack69 said...

ditto to Rick!
I have never read nor heard the statement:
It is not happy people who are thankful, but thankful people who are happy.

Now that is a life sermon you found for sure. This one is a gem.

Debbie said...

I need that bumper sticker for my fridge!!!
Great post!
Love,
Debbie
xo

betty said...

That is a great bumper sticker for us to remember we indeed are very blessed and should complain less. We got a pizza for dinner last night and as we were waiting for it to be ready, a lady came in to pick up hers. She complained about it the whole time she was there. She didn't want them to cut it and they had cut it. She said it was burnt. She whined because it was getting cold while she was talking to them. It was really sad to be listening to her. In the end she got a coupon for a free pizza and a free dessert, then she started complaining about that too. It was a good lesson to remember to be grateful and not to complain; somewhere along the way she got into that rut of complaining and I think its a hard one to get out of.

betty

Mevely317 said...

Betty brings up a good point about getting into a rut of complaining! To easy to fall in, and difficult to climb out.

I'd never seen Mr. D'Angelo's quote before, but I appreciate that particular 'gentle challenge.'