It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Chapter 9, Page 16, Book 15



Autumn is really the best of the seasons; and I'm not sure that old age isn't the best part of life. But of course, like autumn, it doesn't last. 

C.S. Lewis

September 16 - seasons of love

 No matter where you are right now, no matter what sort of life season you’re in,  whether it’s one you’re enjoying or one you’re just trying to get through, just know that it will not last. Another season will come and take it’s place.


When you're through changing, you're through.

Bruce Barton


Change is a process, not a goal; a journey not a destination.

Here at my house I’ve changed a lot over the years.  I can’t even begin to count all the ways I’ve changed.  I went from a young girl with many dreams and aspirations to being what I am today, a woman content with what I have and who I am.  

I’m sure there will be many more changes coming my way.  Changes never stop, but I do hope that I can remain as happy with life and all it’s possibilities as I am today.

They say you shouldn’t waste time trying to change others.  If you have to make a change you should change yourself.


If you can recognize the need for improvement,
things are already improving.

Author Unknown

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful and so very true !

betty said...

So true with all the different seasons of our lives and how much we have changed. I look back at old pictures of me and wonder "who is that girl." But I do like most of the seasons I've lived through and the ones that were difficult, I was always glad there was "light at the end of the tunnel."

betty

jack69 said...

That quote by CS Lewis is so very true. I love it. For me today it resounds and resounds.
But rivaling CS Lewis are you words, again so very true (but sometimes very hard:

They say you shouldn’t waste time trying to change others. If you have to make a change you should change yourself.


Ain't that the gospel.